Road Bike Foundation 2 - Threshold
Target Rider: This plan is offered for 3 experience levels. The focus of this program is building your threshold. Your threshold is key to performance at all intensities on the road bike: a higher threshold means higher overall speeds all around! You will be riding 4 days a week. You will be working out 4 days a week (The Cat 1/2/Advanced and Cat 3/Intermediate programs add an extra training day to the mix on day 3). Workout days each week are numbered 1 - 7. Day 1 is typically Monday, but you can select another day to start the plan so the workout days fit your schedule. Days 2 and 4 are indoors, Day 6 is an optional indoor or outdoor ride and Day 7 is an outdoor specific ride. The beginning and end of the program include a Functional Threshold Power (FTP) test to measure your performance level and see your improvements throughout the program. The key workouts in this program are longer, sustainable efforts just below, at, and just above threshold. The majority of intervals range in length from 10-60 minutes long. Indoor ride lengths will vary according to the experience level of the plan you choose. All plans will build progressively in ride duration over the 6-week period. More specific information for each training plan can be found in the Kinetic Fit app.
Plan Goal: Part 2 of our foundation building sequence and a chance to target specific needs of sustained high-power efforts, the goal of this plan is to build your threshold, and therefore increase your overall speed on the bike at every level!
Duration: 6 weeks
- Cat 1/2/Advanced: Moderate to High
- Cat 3/Intermediate: Moderate
- Cat 4/5/Beginner: Low to Moderate
- Cat 1/2/Advanced
- Cat 3/Intermediate
- Cat 4/5/Beginner
Total Plan Hours:
- Cat 1/2/Advanced - 59 hours, 40 minutes
- Cat 3/Intermediate - 46 hours, 40 minutes
- Cat 4/5/Beginner - 35 hours, 40 minutes
- Download the Kinetic Fit app for iOS or Android
- Create an account
- On the home screen, select "Start a Training Plan"
- Find the plan, select it and pick a start date. We recommend starting training plans on Mondays.
- This training plan requires a Smart subscription ($5/month for yearly)