Target Rider: This plan is offered for 3 experience levels. The plan will incorporate a variety of both cycling and cross training options. There will be a 20-minute Functional Threshold Power (FTP) test both at the beginning of the program and 7 weeks into it. The first 6 weeks feature a variety of cycling and cross training. Workout days each week are numbered 1 - 7. Day 1 is typically Monday, but you can select another day to start the plan so the workout days fit your schedule. Cycling will be on Days 2, 4, and 6 during the first phase with an option to ride outdoors on Day 6, with cross training on Day 7 (The Cat 1/2/Advanced plan adds an additional cycling workout to this schedule each week). Weeks 7 - 10 will finish off with transitioning to 4 days of only cycling; Days 2, 4, 6 and 7. Days 2 and 4 will be indoor rides, while Days 6 and 7 will transition to outdoor rides with an option to train indoors on Day 6 if you are forced inside. Indoor ride lengths will vary according to the experience level of the plan you choose. All plans will build progressively in ride duration over the 10-week period. More specific information for each training plan can be found in the Kinetic Fit app.
Plan Goal: The goal of this plan is to work on fundamental energy systems involved with road bike racing that will set you up for race prep 1 to 2 months before your first key race. A combination of Threshold, VO2 Max, Neuromuscular Power, and Aerobic workouts will help prepare you for a great race season. Your Functional Threshold Power (FTP) will increase, your aerobic power will increase, and your ability to handle accelerations in groups will improve. This will allow for a fast transition to more outdoor riding, and group rides when the time comes.
Duration: 10 weeks
- Cat 1/2/Advanced: Moderate to High
- Cat 3/Intermediate: Moderate
- Cat 4/5/Beginner: Low to Moderate
- Cat 1/2/Advanced
- Cat 3/Intermediate
- Cat 4/5/Beginner
Total Plan Hours:
- Cat 1/2/Advanced - 78 hours, 30 minutes
- Cat 3/Intermediate - 66 hours, 20 minutes
- Cat 4/5/Beginner - 51 hours, 25 minutes
- Download the Kinetic Fit app for iOS or Android
- Create an account
- On the home screen, select "Start a Training Plan"
- Find the plan, select it and pick a start date. We recommend starting training plans on Mondays.
- This training plan requires a Smart subscription ($5/month for yearly)