Target Rider: This plan is offered for 3 experience levels. The plan will incorporate a variety of both cycling and cross training options. There will be a 20-minute Functional Threshold Power (FTP) test both at the beginning of the program and 7 weeks into it. The first 6 weeks will be a variety of cycling and cross training. Workout days each week are numbered 1 - 7. Day 1 is typically Monday, but you can select another day to start the plan so the workout days fit your schedule. Cycling will be on Days 2, 4 and 6 during the first phase with an option to ride outdoors on Day 6, and cross training will be on Day 7. Weeks 7 - 10 will finish off with transitioning to 4 days of only cycling: Days 2, 4, 6 and 7. Days 2 and 4 will be all indoor rides, while Days 6 and 7 will transition to outdoor rides with an option to train indoors on Day 6 if you are forced inside. Indoor ride lengths will vary according to the experience level of the plan you choose. All plans will build progressively in ride duration over the 10-week period. More specific information for each training plan can be found in the Kinetic Fit app.
Plan Goal: The goal of this plan is to work on fundamental energy systems involved with mountain bike racing that will set you up for the Foundation 2 phases. This plan will focus on a combination of Threshold, VO2max, Nueromuscular, and Aerobic workouts. Your FTP will increase, your aerobic power will increase, and your ability to handle the mountain bike over tough terrain will increase also. This will allow for a fast transition into a more focused program in the Foundation 2 phase.
Duration: 10 weeks
- Cat 1/2/Advanced: Moderate to High
- Cat 3/Intermediate: Moderate
- Cat 4/5/Beginner: Low to Moderate
- Cat 1/2/Advanced
- Cat 3/Intermediate
- Cat 4/5/Beginner
Total Plan Hours:
- Cat 1/2/Advanced - 73 hours
- Cat 3/Intermediate - 65 hours, 20 minutes
- Cat 4/5/Beginner - 49 hours, 25 minutes
- Download the Kinetic Fit app for iOS or Android
- Create an account
- On the home screen, select "Start a Training Plan"
- Find the plan, select it and pick a start date. We recommend starting training plans on Mondays.
- This training plan requires a Smart subscription ($5/month for yearly)