Target Rider: This plan is offered for 3 experience levels. The plan incorporates a variety of cycling and strength training options throughout it. There will be a 20-minute Functional Threshold Power (FTP) test both at the beginning of the program and 7 weeks into it. The first 6 weeks feature a variety of cycling and strength training. Workout days each week are numbered 1 - 7. Day 1 is typically Monday, but you can select another day to start the plan so the workout days fit your schedule.
Cycling will be on Days 2, 4, and 6 during the first phase with an option to ride outdoors on Day 6, with strength training on Days 3 and 7 (The Cat 1/2/Advanced plan adds an additional cycling workout to this schedule each week). Weeks 7 - 10 will finish off with transitioning to 4 days of only cycling and 2 days of strength maintenance. Days 2, 4, 6, and 7 will be cycling, with Day 3 and 7 also including strength work. Days 2 and 4 will be indoor rides. Days 6 and 7 transition to outdoor rides with an option to train indoors on Day 7 if you are forced inside. Indoor ride lengths will vary according to the experience level of the plan you choose. All plans will build progressively in ride duration over the 10-week period. More specific information for each training plan can be found in the Kinetic Fit app.
Plan Goal: This plan is specifically designed around the additional recovery needs and physical needs of the Masters athlete. The goal of this plan is to improve the fundamental energy systems involved with road-bike racing and to schedule proper rest and strength training to prepare you for race prep 1 to 2 months before your first key race. A combination of Threshold, VO2max, Nueromuscular, and Aerobic workouts on the bike and strength work off the bike will ensure that you're prepared for racing season. Your Functional Threshold Power (FTP) will increase, your aerobic power will increase, and your performance in groups will improve. This will allow for a fast transition to more outdoor riding, and group rides when the time comes.
Duration: 10 weeks
- Cat 1/2/Advanced: Moderate to High
- Cat 3/Intermediate: Moderate
- Cat 4/5/Beginner: Low to Moderate
- Cat 1/2/Advanced
- Cat 3/Intermediate
- Cat 4/5/Beginner
Total Plan Hours:
- Cat 1/2/Advanced - 76 hours, 10 minutes cycling time plus strength work 2 times a week
- Cat 3/Intermediate - 64 hours, 40 minutes cycling time plus strength work 2 times a week
- Cat 4/5/Beginner - 49 hours, 40 minutes cycling time plus strength work 2 times a week
- Download the Kinetic Fit app for iOS or Android
- Create an account
- On the home screen, select "Start a Training Plan"
- Find the plan, select it and pick a start date. We recommend starting training plans on Mondays.
- This training plan requires a Smart subscription ($5/month for yearly)