Round Tripping Workouts with TrainingPeaks and the Kinetic Fit App
Do you have custom workouts built in TrainingPeaks? Do you want to ride the workouts with the Kinetic Fit app controlling your trainer and giving you customized power targets? All you need is a Kinetic Fit SMART subscription, an active TrainingPeaks account with custom workouts and the Kinetic Fit and TrainingPeaks apps installed on your device.
With Kinetic’s Fit app synced to a TrainingPeaks account, riders can import a TrainingPeaks workout, ride and record it with the Fit app and export it back to their TrainingPeaks account. Round-tripping workouts between apps allows riders to get the best from each platform. While Kinetic Fit features training plans and built-in workouts, the app’s biggest strength is workout execution—riding guided, FTP-based workouts with data recording. The TrainingPeaks platform excels as an environment for planning, working with coaches, building workouts and training plans and data analysis.
- First, download the TrainingPeaks app and log in to your account on the app. Then, open the TrainingPeaks desktop app and select ADD WORKOUT from the Home screen.
- Select BIKE
- Rename workout and select BUILD WORKOUT.
- You'll get a pop-up asking how you would like to measure this workout. KEEP THE DEFAULT METRICS: Duration and % of FTP.
- Build your workout, by dragging blocks and adjusting them based on the targets you want. When you are done select SAVE AND CLOSE in the lower right corner of window.
- Open the TrainingPeaks app on your device. Your workout will be displayed in the calendar. Select the workout.
- With workout selected, swipe up to get to EXPORT WORKOUT and select that button.
- Select file type, select ERG.
- On the sharing selection bar, select COPY TO KINETIC.
- The workout will automatically open in the Fit app, and will be stored in your CUSTOM WORKOUTS section on the app. Open and rename the workout.
- Ride the workout when ready and automatically or manually export it back to TrainingPeaks directly from the Kinetic Fit app.
Export the Workout Results Back to TrainingPeaks
All workouts will import to the Fit app with the name "Workout." To change the name, just open the workout in the kinetic.fit web site user dashboard under workouts and change the name of the workout there. You can also add inspirational text between intervals in the Kinetic workout creator if desired. Click here to access the Kinetic Fit site and select LOGIN and use your Fit app email and password to access your dashboard.
Workouts can only be imported one at a time for now. No bulk imports or imports from your TrainingPeaks workout library are possible at this time.